GUIDED FACTORY TOURS
Tours give guests a behind the scenes look at our cheese making process, all the way from; make to taste. You will get to experience a cheese tasting, informative talk and guided tour of our factory through our viewing galleries, plus walk away with a goody bag sample.
For the more indulgent foodie, we have the opportunity to upgrade tours - to include a cheese and wine matching.
So if you're wondering what to do while you're in Oamaru, look no further.
"Did the factory tour which included cheese tasting and cheese goody bag - factory tour was good and cheese tasted good- friendly tour staff - the Southland cheese rolls at the store are nice as well" - TripAdvisor review 5 stars.
Times: Monday - Friday at 10am. Please allow 60 minutes for standard tour with cheese tasting and 90 minutes if including wine pairing.
Adults: $35 each or $48 each if upgrading to include wine pairing.
Children under 16: Free if accompanied by an adult (max of 2 children per adult, please note children do not receive their own tasting platter or goodie bag).
Whilst New Zealand is following the traffic light protection framework, tours will operate at Orange and Green light. Vaccination passes or exemptions and identification will be checked prior to the tour so please ensure you have these on you. This includes any children over 12. Masks will be mandatory whilst on the tour with the exception of the tasting
Bus tours & large groups: (over 8 people) by prior arrangement only.
- Bookings are highly recommended, if we have no bookings on any given day, we cannot guarantee a tour will be available to those who turn up with-out a booking. Please book online to secure your spot or call 0800 89 2433.
- A tour will only run if there is a minimum of 2 people attending.
- No photography during tour please.
- No high heels or stiletto shoes to be worn.
- Please be aware that there is walking and stairs involved, there is also no wheelchair access on the guided tour.
- Those including wine pairing in their tour must be over the age of 18, please don't be offended if we ask to see ID.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or free phone 0800 892 433 ext 702 for further information and/or private bookings.